Saturday 11 February 2017

MY ROLE
In the prodution of making this film I had the role of filming the scenes outside of the school so this was the scene on the train and shots I filmed around Camden, although these scenes didn’t get added in I still managed to film successful shots in the train station. I also helped film the teachers we used for the news report the importance of both of these roles was that without me going on my weekend to the station we would only have shots that were filmed in school which wouldn’t make the virus look as world wide which was our aim for a thriller as we wanted to display that the virus spread all over the country. It was also important that I filmed the teachers because they are important to our thriller because they represent that the virus is being spread to different countries including Israel, Italy, France and Canada we did this to express on how the virus has not only spread in one country but world wide. I think all of my shots were successful because I used different techniques this being wide shots, close ups and mid shots.

TEAM WORK
As a group I feel we worked well because we each split who would do what for the filming in order for all of us to have a fair chance. This being that Tilly filmed most of the scenes in the office joint with Talia for some parts, Talia also filmed the time lapse in Kings Cross Station and Natalie and I filmed the scenes in camden station and the area of camden. We then split up the tasks this being that I created the storyboard, another person in my group wrote up the script and the schedule for the day another individual got feedback from different people. This intern helped us as a group as it made things easier and less time consuming it also meant that we all worked for our grade equally.

However there were negatives because there was a lack of communication on numerous amounts of accounts which meant that some people were doing the same tasks that had previously been done already.

HAPPINESS
I was very happy with the overall result as all the shots went to plan and our editing was really successful in showing the disease being spread all over the school through different touch movements. Furthermore my shoot day met part of my expectations because all of the filming in school went to plan very well, however when filming on the train there was a lot of negatives as it was very hard to film in a public area as most people don’t want to be filmed which made it very difficult for us. Therefore I would of changed the shot in the train getting a lot of my friends and family members to come with instead or find people who I have permission from to film them.  


I think that the mise-en-scene we used successful summarized the right effect for us this being that one of our props which was fake blood helped portray the symptom of what happens when you catch the deafly disease, it showed the virus in more detail. Furthermore I think our costumes represented our actors in the right effect because having a male character in a suit highlighted his hierarchy and power and having girls dressed in skirts evoked there innocents which contrasts to a thriller movie because having an innocent young girl usually are shown to be main targets in a thriller. Finally I think our setting gave the right effect because it summarised that the virus is being spread in the outside world and inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment