Thursday 9 February 2017

NEWS ARTICLES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO MY IDEA AND HOW THEY ARE HELPING MY PROGRESSION

DISEASE- EBOLA 


A news article I found was about the ebola virus written by Bob Grant. This virus is found in the lungs it gets into the bloodstream forming many pathogens it leads to organ failure. It is spread via body fluids and transmitted by contacts. 

An article from the New York Times said that ebola has tore through West Africa in 2014 and has taken 11,310 lives so far. This is due to crumbling public, health systems and official neglect

This article is similar to my idea as it is based on a virus that is being spread in the blood stream thus causing people to die. Reading this article has made me progress my thriller because it gave me a better prospective of how a virus can be spread and the effects of having an infectious disease. 


DISEASE- SWINE FLU

The second news article I found was Swine Flu. This disease is a virus that gets inside antibodies. In a BBC news article it said that a fifth of people would be infected by swine flu. The virus killed 200,000 people. At least 20% of people including school children were infected with swine flu according to data of 19 countries. One of the researchers, Dr Maria Van Kerkhove from Imperial College London, said fewer than two in every 10,000 people infected died during the pandemic.

This article is similar to my idea because the virus has started to spread world wide just like the virus in my movie. The statistics make it even more realistic and easier for me when adding in information for my script in the last scene of the news report. This article has further helped me progress my thriller idea because it has taught me how easy it is for a virus to be spread and how it can travel quickly. 


DISEASE- ZIKA

This article was in the BBC. Zika is an infection that has been linked to thousands of babies being born with underdeveloped brains. Some areas have declared a state of emergency, doctors have described it as "a pandemic in progress" and some are even advising women in affected countries to delay getting pregnant. The symptoms of it are mild fever, conjunctivitis, headache, joint pain and rash. 

This article is similar to my movie because it shows a virus that is spread through babies and my virus is not only spread through adults but spread through anyone this being babies included. It therefore helped me progress my idea because I wasn't confident with filming babies with a virus but after reading this article I found my movie could relate more and made me feel my thriller will be more interesting using a different range of ages. 



No comments:

Post a Comment