Monday 9 April 2018

THE EDITING PROCESS SO FAR

The editing process so far.

To begin with I used a programme called premier pro in order to help me edit my music video by adding special effects and putting the clips together on a timeline. I had to put all my clips onto a USB stick which i converted from an SD card. Once all the clips were uploaded to my computer I was able to drag them onto premier pro and begin to edit them.

The editing firstly involved cutting some of the clips down as they were shot for to long. Once I did this I had to make sure they were put in the correct order on my timeline. This took a while as I had to work through each clip double checking the narrative made sense. After a few hours the clips all fitted together.

I then had to add the music in the background. I made sure the song didn't have any copyright and dragged it into premiere pro. I inserted it behind the clips and played my video. As I watched the video I had to make sure the song fitted to each clip. This became complicated as I saw some clips won't fit properly with the song so I had to move some of the clips around. But I eventually fixed it all and it looked really good.

As part of making my video look even better I added special effects from a programme called after effects. I used colour correcting to make more of an 80s feel to my music video and other effects such as fast and slow motion.

After this process I will now show my class to see what needs to be improved for next time to make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment